Over the 40 years I have worked in Reinstatement, I can say that there was a time where Health and Safety was nearly non-existent, and looking back now I can say how much it has improved over the years.
I started to work on site in a time when the only requirement during the summer was to wear sun cream, as everyone was used to working in their shorts.
Things have moved on for the better, raking a patch in the heat of summer can be challenging with full personal protective equipment, however, the chances of going straight home and not to a hospital are greater due to increased Health and safety controls in place, for example longer term issues for Hearing risks are now catered with ear defenders and to avoid White finger with HAVS (Hand-arm vibration syndrome) monitors.
Over the past 10 years, Technology has certainly assisted to H&S by improving compliance and giving the right tools to SHEQ auditors / Managers, significantly assisting on the maintenance of compliance and safety on Sites. Our Works Management System Products, SwIMS and Corona, both have various forms and functions to help you achieve significant Compliance towards health and Safety. Check some of our features below:
- Lone working feature (activity monitored and alerts sent to clients);
- HAVS Monitor (Form asking how many minutes each person has used vibrating tools on site);
- Risk Assessment (Each task can have a bespoke R/A assigned and deployed at arrival and completed before work starts);
- Permit to work and Deep dig (Form to complete various dig tasks and dig deep forms to be completed, and agreed depth is reached so a supervisor can be informed);
- H&S Audits (Comprehensive Audit forms to be used for H&S Auditors);
- Plant and Vehicle checks (Forms to audit Plant and Vehicles);
- Welfare forms (Asking teams their mood at the start/end of day to monitor trends);
In addition to the above, qualifiedfor.com can provide a real time register on the training and qualifications to help ensure that the correctly qualified personnel are matched with the right site requirements.
Would you like to know more about our solutions to help your company grow?
Please contact us HERE